Strain

Windows, roofs and buildings. From where I stood, they seemed near. They weren't there, neither was the sea.
I saw waves and drowned in my thoughts. Moving back and forth; compromising. I saw a light. It wasn't there.
It was sunset, or so I heard. I seem to turn blind with no concious. I seem to ask for brightness. Must be my own dark side. It's all me.
The air goes to no where; lost and preserving. I watch it travel and lose track. I watch it race feelings I lack. I feel warm; must be morning. It's all me.
Have I told you about my fears?

I saw thunder, sometime before I could; moonlight and rain. Insecure, I kept my sight awake; bright yet fading. My hands were no more shaking. I stared at a sky. Air must have traveled away, I became alive and breathless; overlooked my soul and settled.
I don't wonder now. No, I don't feel the pace anymore. I don't want answers. I am good.

Doubt, hope and strain. From where I stood, they seemed close. They weren't there, neither was the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment