Wind

I held your name to the sky, took it by hand and gave it to the air. It came back to me, every time.

It became my sanctuary. I sing to it every morning, rehearse it before I sleep. I pronounce it slowly deep within my chest, hold it tight and hope.

It traveled with me tonight. I took it to happiness and then to pain. We saw dark clouds that turned to night. We placed voices with stories about us. We remembered our start and painted an end. I loved you til the last breath.

Neighborhood complained about me. Calling out didn't bring you here. You're still moving in that town. We go where the wind leads us. We've been everywhere, wandering around.

Forget about the storms outside. This heart will keep you warm and bright. This house is only a thousand miles away. Come by sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment